20 July 2009

Getting Started

I've been scrapbooking since High School. As a senior, there was a year long "Senior Scrapbook" project in english class. There were a few essay assignments, but it was really just a fun way for the senior class to collect and preserve memories. My mom helped me and we both became hooked on scrapbooking.

It seemed very intimidating at first, but there's really not much to it. Most folks already have photos, and after that there are only a few basic supplies:

beginners scrapbooking kit
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Paper trimmer
  • Adhesives
  • Pens
  • Ruler
  • Cutting mat
  • Album (not shown)
All of this should come in around $50. Other items that come in handy include:

  • Stamps
  • Ink & Paint
  • Stapler
  • Eyelets and Brads
  • Water colors
  • Stickers
  • Rub-ons
  • Buttons
  • Ribbon
  • Flowers
  • Punches
Before you get started, I'd recommend looking at what other scrapbookers are doing. It might seem a bit intimidating if you've never considered yourself artistic, but everyone is new to this at some point. I recommend the community at Scrapbook.com and magazines such as Simple Scrapbooks. Resources such as these will help give you an idea as to what's possible.

Also, to protect your photos and ensure a long lasting scrapbook, look for products that are "archival safe" or "acid free."


1 comment:

  1. Hello Valerie! What a great new blog. This is a great supply list, I think the single most important tool I never want to be without is my 12" paper trimmer.

    ReplyDelete