12 September 2010

Featured Page - 400 Whitehall

     My maternal Granfather's mom and step-father owned and operated The Frederick Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia during the 1940s and 1950s. I heard family stories about the hotel, which many family members stayed in at one time or another. Unfortunately, the location where the hotel once stood is now a park-and-ride for MARTA customers. I was very disappointed to discover this, as I wanted to see what the hotel looked like.  Recently, my mom and I visited my Great-Aunt Ree, who gave me a number of old photos. Included in those photos were three of the hotel.  I've put them into the layout below. I did a lot of heat embossing in this layout. Both the '400' and the keys were given their gold color using heat embossing.



400 Whitehall

Supplies:
  • Paper
    • 7 gypsies: For Autumn Leaves #1958 
  • Stamp:
    • Hero Arts: Antique Keys CG178
  • Embellishments
    • 7 gypsises: Antique Keys
    • Tim Holtz: Grungeboard - Digits & Punctuation: Swirl
    • Ranger: Embossing Powder - Super Fine Gold
    • VeraMark: Watermark Stamp Pad

1 comment:

  1. I just found your website and I love it! I'm getting lots of ideas from looking at your past posts, and thanks for listing the materials you used. I'll be back often to see what else you put up on your blog...

    ReplyDelete